Monday, June 1, 2009

Run! Run! Run!

Had been tweeting about it for sometime now! D-Day did start at 5:30am on a beautiful Sunday morning and it was time for me to put on those jogging shoes and hit the road. The Sunfeast World 10k event was held in Bangalore (second year) and it provided an excellent platform for runners (both professionals & amateurs) to showcase their running skills and also an opportunity for fund-raising. And I had to do my bit too on both counts.

The crowd was awesome - more than 23,000 runners turned up for the event! Sure there were
winners in the professional category, but the day belonged to each of those who chose to sacrifice their Sunday morning for a good cause. I did manage to get a good run in the Open 10k event and even exceeded my own expectations by completing the 10kms run in less than 56 minutes! The adrenaline in the crowd was enough to get all runners (across various age groups) over the finish line. I got to meet some truly amazing people from all around the world. If you are reading this post, hope to see you all again next year!

Finally, here’s a shout-out to all participants who turned a boring Sunday morning into wonderful day! Keep runnin’…

PS: Thanks dad for running in the senior-citizens category. And you made it in the Top 15 among 4,000 runners! You are just amazing and my true inspiration for this event!