- Put your phone on silent mode during an interview. There’s only one other person in the room. So acting like it’s not your phone ringing, is stupid!
- Talking in low voice because you're not in a good place to take the call isn’t the interviewer's fault! It was scheduled. Plan better.
- It's ok to say that you don't know the answer for an interview question. Answering vaguely doesn't help. But do ask the answer.
- Speak only in the language that's chosen as medium for the interview. Bringing in native words sounds unprofessional. Avoid it.
- Are you a manager? Then isn't 'Conflict Management' a critical part of a manager's role? What's your approach? Critical to know.
- When you are offered coffee/tea & you sip it loud enough to be heard 10 cubicles away, it's just GROSS.
- Swiveling in your chair during an interview looks very unprofessional. Stay put. Unless you don't want the job.
- If you chose to send your LinkedIn profile before sending your detailed resume, then please update your LI profile.
- Why use a pseudo-name on a resume?!? I'm stumped.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Candidate Tip: Part 3
In case you are reading this for the first time and wondering how come it's Part 3 already! Then you can catch up by reading the earlier parts to this series here & here.